Careers at tuddenham mill, boutique hotel and restaurant in suffolk
Demi Chef de partie
Chef De Partie
We are looking for an enthusiastic Chef de Partie to join our team, this is a brilliant opportunity to work in a 3 AA rosette restaurant. The key responsibilities for this role are:
- To be an integral part of the kitchen team to deliver an exceptional food offering to our customers.
- Support the Head Chef with legal, health and safety and environmental compliance for the continued well-being of all customers and colleagues.
- Support the Head Chef in achieving the financial objectives for the property.
- Be conversant with all menus and liaise effectively and efficiently with other departments with regard to customer requirements.
- Effectively and efficiently run your section as per instruction to the highest set standards.
Main duties include:
- To support the Head Chef in the achievement of profitability in line with the forecast and GP.
- Maintain the highest culinary standard whilst on duty by following the menu specifications as set by the Head Chef.
- Storage, preparation, production and presentation of all foods in line with the customer expectations and those of the group.
- Consistent provision of high quality food preparation and presentation for all customers.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through efficient delivery of food and flexibility to changes required by customers.
- Assist in the preparation of colleague meals as instructed.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all food preparation and storage areas to the highest set standards,
- Maintain a proactive awareness of Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by the Head Chef, his deputy and other team leaders to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel.
- Work professionally and with a positive attitude as part of the kitchen team.
- Leading by example and supporting junior colleagues in the kitchen.
restaurant team members
We are also looking for full and part time waiters/waitresses who possess the following skills;
- Operates to consistently high standards.
- Excellent customer care skills when handling enquiries with the customer.
- Adaptable, friendly, efficient and customer focussed.
- Previous waiting experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Various shifts available.
Main duties will include;
- Making customers feel welcome and comfortable is an essential part of the role.
- Identify customers’ requirements and exceed their needs wherever possible.
- Taking food and drink orders in casual, fine and alfresco dining areas.
- Serving food and drink orders in casual, fine and alfresco dining areas.
- Taking payment for purchases.
- Dealing effectively with all customer queries.
- Working in a cohesive way with all departments within the unit to deliver a complete customer experience.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Ensure working and public areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Support and work with all other departments to ensure a consistent approach to delivering the customer experience.
- Actively look at opportunities in which to deliver continuous improvement.
- Various shifts are available.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Commis Chef to join our team with the following experience;
- Basic knife skills
- Energetic with experience of working in a kitchen environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
This is a brilliant opportunity to work in a 3 AA rosette restaurant
in return we can offer you
- A fabulous place in which to work and become part of a great friendly team
- Competitive salary plus tips
- Paid holiday
- Colleague accommodation options
- Friends and family discount scheme at all our hotels
- Non-contributory health scheme with HealthShield
- Company pension scheme if you wish to join
- Career development including internal training as well as award winning training with our partner Fairstead Development (national Training Awards winner)
- Become part of the Agellus Hotels with opportunities at all the hotels
If you are interested in working for a company that likes to do things differently and would like to share in our success then send or e-mail your CV and application letter to: